Send a warm token of love from Starbucks to your beloved ones from your phone. Whether it’s the holiday season or your coffee lover friend’s birthday what can be best than a free caffeine boost as a gift? You can send a Starbucks gift card via text using your iMessage to any of your friends within a minute.
In this article, we are going to guide you through step by step process of sending Starbucks gift cards via text. Read till the end to learn about all ways to send a Starbucks gift card from any device.
- iPhone users will be able to send Starbucks gift cards through iMessage by installing the Starbucks app. If the receiver is an android user he/she will get a link to the gift card instead of the designed image gift card.
- The Starbucks app does not have the feature to send gift cards via text for the android operating system.
- Android users can send Starbucks gift cards via email.
1. Steps to send Starbucks gift cards using iMessage
Gift cards are a wonderful way to express appreciation and affection to your loved ones. The simplest way to send a gift card for iPhone users is through iMessage without the need to even open the Starbucks app. You can send a digital Starbucks gift card to your closed ones by following these simple steps.
- Download the Starbucks app on your iPhone if it isn’t already installed.
- If you don’t have an existing account, you have to set up an account first on the Starbucks app. You have to add your debit or credit card to the card section in order to pay for the gift card. You can use your apply wallet as well.
- If you already have a Starbucks account, you can directly go to your iMessage inbox.
- Select the conversation with the person to whom you want to send the gift card. If you don’t have an existing conversation, simply press the new message icon in the top-right corner to start a new conversation with the person you want to gift.
- Select the application icon next to the text box and scroll through the application toolbar.
- Select the Starbucks logo from the application toolbar. If you can’t the logo tap on the three-dot icon and then select edit. Enable the Starbucks gift and it will appear on the application toolbar.
- Once you tap on the Starbucks logo plenty of gift card designs depending on various occasions will appear on your screen. Choose one of your preferences.
- After selecting a design, choose the amount of the gift card. Only the amount of $5, $10, and $25 are given on the card. You have to choose between these three amounts for your Starbucks gift card.
- Tap on buy. Confirm your Face ID, fingerprint, or passcode, and proceed with your preferred payment option.
- Once the purchase is confirmed a confirmation email will be sent to you and the recipient will get your Starbucks gift card within a minute.
The recipient will see a preview of the gift card in their inbox. If the recipient is an android user they will get a URL link to the Starbucks gift card instead of the designed card image.
2. How to send Starbucks gift cards via Android?
Starbucks gift cards can not be sent using android text message apps. You can use the Starbucks app on your android phone to email Starbucks gift cards to your loved ones. Simply follow the steps:
- Download the Starbucks app from the play store and set up your account first.
- Open the Starbucks app.
- Choose the gift option at the right-side bottom of the screen.
- Choose your preferable card design depending on the occasion.
- Add the amount of the card. On the app, you will get the option to choose from $5, $10, $20, $25, and $50
- You can also add a customized message on the message box right below the gift card.
- Give your recipient’s name and email address.
- Tap continue and proceed with your preferred payment method.
- That’s it! The recipient will get the Starbucks gift card in their email once the purchase is confirmed.
3. Send Starbucks gift card through the website
The advantage of sending a Starbucks gift card through the Starbucks website is that you can customize the amount of the card between 5 USD to 100 USD.
- Open the link to the Starbucks website.
- Go to the gift card section
- Choose a gift card design
- You can choose an amount between $5, $10, $20, $25, and $50 or you can choose the ‘custom amount’ option to customize any amount between $5 to $100.
- Fill up the necessary information and proceed with the payment method.
How to redeem a Starbucks gift card?
Once the recipient taps on the card, the gift card will automatically add to their Starbucks account. If they don’t have a Starbucks account then the card will redirect to the app store to download the Starbucks app. They can use the gift card to pay for any Starbucks beverage and food within the amount of the card.
A bar code is attached to the gift card. The recipient will need to open the gift card and show the bar code in order to redeem the gift card. The barista will scan the bar code from the phone.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can I add money to a Starbucks gift card?
You can not add money to a Starbucks gift if you have already sent the gift card. However, you can customize the amount of the gift card
if you send it through the Starbucks website.
How many times can I use a Starbucks gift card?
You can use a Starbucks gift card multiple times until the balance of the gift card is used up.
Can I resend a Starbucks gift card?
No, you can not resend or share the reward of a Starbucks gift card to any other Starbucks account.