The Lemon flavoured soft drink from PepsiCo was originally introduced in 1999 and by 2003, it was made available in all United States markets. In 2016, it was rebranded to “Mist Twst” and reverted to its original name “Sierra mist” in 2018. It was reported that the rebranding was to compete with “Sprite” produced by The Coca-Cola Company and “7 Up” produced by Keurig Dr Pepper.
ORIGIN OF SIERRA MIST AND PROFILE
- Type: Lemon-lime soft drink
- Manufacturer: PepsiCo
- Debut: May 7, 1999
- Origin: U.S
- Related-brands: Slice, Teem
- Website: sierramist.com
Before the Sierra mist was stable, it underwent a series of rebranding due to some conditions like market research sponsorship deals and others. In 2004, sierra mist’s annual retail sales surpassed 7 Up and were the second most-purchased lemon-lime soft drink in the United States after Sprite.
SIERRA MIST PRODUCT VARIANTS
Sierra Mist (With real sugar): Date of production is 2010 – 2016, 2018 – present. This is a Lemon-lime flavoured soft drink produced with lime flavours and natural lemon, real sugar and some natural ingredients.
Sierra Mist Zero Sugar: Date of production is 2000 – 2016, 2018 – present. It’s a lemon-lime soda that contains 100 per cent natural flavours and no calories. Diet sierra mist contained acesulfame potassium used as artificial sweeteners and sucralose.
The discontinued variants are:
- Sierra Mist (HFCS version), 1999- 2010 and 2016-2018.
- Sierra Mist Free, 2004-2008.
- Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash, 2006-2016.
- Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash, 2006-2016.
- Sierra Mist Free Cranberry Splash, 2007.
- Sierra Mist Lemon Squeeze, 2007.
- Sierra Mist Undercover Orange, 2008.
- Diet Sierra Mist Undercover Orange, 2008.
- Diet Sierra Mist Ruby Splash, 2009-2011.
- Sierra Mist Ruby Splash, 2009-2010.
- Sierra Mist Strawberry Kiwi Splash, 2012.
- Mist Twst, 2016-2018.
- Mist Twst Cherry, 2016-2018.
- Mist Twst Cranberry, 2016-2018.
- Diet Mist Twst, 2016-2018.
- Diet Mist Twst Cranberry, 2016-2018
Sierra mist packs are available in:
- Sierra Mist 12 oz. can.
- Sierra Mist 20 oz. bottle.
- Sierra Mist 2 litre bottle.
- Sierra mist 12 pack of cans.
Sierra mist Nutrition Facts (Serving size of 12 fl oz [360 mL]) and Ingredients
|Nutrients||Amount||Daily value in %|
|Total Carbohydrate Total sugars||37g||13% 74%|
Carbonated water, sugar, natural flavour, citric acid, potassium benzoate (preserves freshness), Potassium citrate, Calcium disodium EDTA (To protect flavour).
Does Sierra mist have caffeine?
No, Sierra Mist is a lemon-lime flavoured soft drink made with lime flavours and natural lemon with real sugar and other natural ingredients and have a caffeine-free formula. Sierra Mist.
Does Sierra mist have caffeine?
What’s the difference between Sierra mist and Sprite?
The difference is the preservatives. Sierra mist uses potassium citrate, potassium benzoate, calcium disodium EDTA and ascorbic acid as preservatives to protect its flavour while Sprite uses Sodium benzoate and Sodium citrate to protect its flavour. And none of the products contains caffeine.
Is Sierra Mist healthy?
Yes! Sierra mist is one of the healthiest sodas because contains 140 calories, 35mg of sodium and 37g of carbs.