Founded in 1998, Tencent’s headquarters are situated in Shenzhen, China, and it is one of the world-leading companies that deal with the internet and technologies related to it. Tencent strives in developing products of innovation and provide services that aid in improving the life quality of people all around the world.
One of the guiding principles of Tencent is to use the technologies they develop for good. Tencent’s communication services and other social services connect more than a billion people worldwide. Tencent is also very well established in publishing some of the most popular video games and digital content.
Tencent Mission Statement
“To enhance the quality of life through the use of internet services.”- This encapsulates the main mission that Tencent wishes to employ.
The official new mission of Tencent is to become user-centred and create tech for social good. The primary goals are to ensure that their works are aimed at generating user value. Moreover, Tencent wishes to integrate its corporate social responsibilities, also known as CSR, into the services and products that they offer.
Tencent Vision Statement
“To become the most respected internet company”- This is the vision of Tencent.
According to Tencent, user value is their guiding principle. They are constantly striving to employ social responsibilities in their services and products. Promoting innovation of technology and increasing cultural vitality, and helping industries improve digitally are their visions that often overlap with their mission.
Tencent aims to encourage the creation of technology and the diffusion of culture. Additionally, they would like to promote the transformation of different industries and their development while increasing the sustainability of social development.
Core Values Analysis
The core values of Tencent include:
These were the values that Tencent renewed along with its mission and vision statement. These renewed values mark the third iteration of the corporate culture of Tencent since 2003 when the first version was stipulated. The two most crucial guiding principles for them are Responsibility and User Satisfaction.
How many office locations does Tencent have?
Tencent is based in Shenzhen, China, and this is where its main headquarter is; however, Tencent has a total of 11 office locations spanning ten different countries.
How big is Tencent?
Tencent has a tech empire in China, and it touches over 1 million internet users’ life. Tencent is also well known in the gaming industry, especially for PUBG mobile and many of Tripe A titles.
Who is the CEO of Tencent?
The CEO of Tencent is Ma Huateng.
- Lee, D. (2019, November 11). Tencent Renews Company Mission and Vision — User-Centered and Tech for Social Good. Pandaily. https://pandaily.com/tencent-renews-company-mission-and-vision-user-centered-and-tech-for-social-good/
- Statista. (2022, January 19). Leading online gaming companies market share China Q1 2019. https://www.statista.com/statistics/868870/market-share-of-leading-online-gaming-operators-china/
- Tencent – Tencent 腾讯. (n.d.). Tencent. https://www.tencent.com/en-us/about.html#:%7E:text=Vision%20%26%20Mission,-Value%20for%20Users&text=help%20industries%20digitally%20upgrade%3B&text=Tech%20for%20Good-,User%20value%20is%20our%20guiding%20principle%2C%20we%20strive%20to%20incorporate,the%20sustainable%20development%20of%20society.
- Alibaba Mission Statement
- Saudi Aramco Mission Statement
- Caterpillar Mission Statement
- LifeTime Mission statement
- P&G Mission Statement