Volkswagen, famously known as VW, is a top automaker situated in Germany and has been working at a high level since 1937. The consistency of VW in what it does comes down to mission and vision statements that are an ideal fit for the business.
I will describe here the Volkswagen mission statement and vision statement with analysis.
- Company Name: Volkswagen
- Established on: May 28, 1937
- Company Type: Public
Volkswagen Group, likewise called Volkswagen AG, a significant German vehicle maker, was established by the German government in 1937 to mass-produce a low-valued “people’s car” Headquarters in Wolfsburg, Germany.
A corporate vision statement features where a business what to be later on regarding development and improvement, while a corporate statement of purpose depicts the methodologies that are fitting to fuel this turn of events. For this situation of VW, the visual articulation of the organization is on how it abuses its ability in auto plans to improve the world.
The statement of purpose includes this by underscoring properties that make its vehicles ideal in the advanced business sectors. What’s more, VW has excessively depended on its guiding principle to stay at the head of its game. This shows the distinction that going for the proper corporate proclamations.
While Volkswagen doesn’t provide an official mission statement, their “goTOzero” environmental mission statement is “For all our products and mobility solutions we aspire to minimize environmental impacts along the entire lifecycle –from raw material extraction until end-of-life -in order to keep ecosystems intact and to create positive impacts on society. Compliance with environmental regulations, standards and voluntary commitments is a basic prerequisite of our actions.”
Mission Statement Analysis
On the basis of the two types of goals that Volkswagen has, while having an environmental mission statement but not a direct one, the analysis is done in two ways:
- General Goal Analysis
- Environment Mission Statement Analysis
This organization objective speaks to everything the firm does to progress towards its vision. Its accentuation is on keeping up a quality that out successes all different rivals in all features. The announcement has these key segments:
- Recognized quality
- Surpassing desires
Through the mission statement, Volkswagen demonstrates the essential motivation behind why it has been at the top for more than 80 years. All the vehicles are intended flawlessly to offer the best driving experience. For example, the Atlas Cross Sport and the Arteon are probably the most recent any client would need to have.
Environment Mission Statement Analysis
In its “goTOzero” statement of purpose, the Volkswagen Group focuses on four principle fields of activity:
Environmental change: Volkswagen is focused on conforming to the United Nations’ Paris atmosphere assurance arrangement. The objective is to turn into a monetary record CO2 – unbiased organization by 2050.
Assets: Volkswagen plans to boost asset productivity and advance roundabout economy approaches in the territories of materials, energy and water. By 2025, the Company intends to have decreased the creation related natural externalities by 45% per vehicle contrasted with 2010.
Natural consistency: as far as trustworthiness, Volkswagen means to set a model for a cutting edge, straightforward and fruitful organization by introducing and checking viable administration frameworks that spread the ecological effect of its versatility arrangements overall life cycle stages
Volkswagen vision statement- “to make this world a mobile, sustainable place with access to all the citizens.”
Vision Statement Analysis
The vision statement of this organization is starting portability changes over the world through its items. The announcement has the accompanying segments:
- Worldwide reach
- Improve versatility and maintainability
VW has demonstrated its capacity to contact individuals over the globe through its extension. Today, these German machines are accessible in practically all pieces of the world. Likewise, they are additionally adjusted to the various conditions, a plan that empowers VW to meet the portability and maintainability requests regardless of where vehicles are utilized.
What is Volkswagen’s Vision statement?
Answer: “to make this world a mobile, sustainable place with access to all the citizens.”
What is the Volkswagen Group vision for 2025?
By 2025, VW aims to achieve a return on investment of over 15 per cent for the Automotive sector.
What is Volkswagen’s target audience?
Age group being between 25-44yrs
You might be interested in:
- BMW’s Mission Statement and Vision Statement Analysis
- Boeing Mission & Vision Statement: Analysis of the Aerospace Pioneering Company
- Toyota Mission Statement & Vision Statement: A Critical Analysis
- Uber Mission Statement & Vision Statement: An Analysis
- Analysis of Delta airline’s Mission Mission Statement and Vision Statement
- Tesla’s Mission Statement & Vision Statement: Insights into the Pioneering Company
- What is Nissan’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement & Values?
- Gap mission statements & Vision Statement
- Volkswagen, A. G. (2008). Volkswagen. Anciens Etablissements D’Ieteren Frères SA. [Accessed on 26 Oct, 2020]
- Volkswagen group- https://www.britannica.com/topic/Volkswagen-Group [Accessed on 26 Oct, 2020]
- An Analysis of Volkswagen AG’s Mission and Vision Statement: https://notesmatic.com/2018/02/an-analysis-of-volkswagen-ags-mission-and-vision-statement/ [Accessed on 26 Oct, 2020]
- Doleschal, R. (1992). Internationalization and the Reorganization of Production and Marketing in the Volkswagen Corporation [Accessed on 26 Oct, 2020]
- Koplin, J., Seuring, S., & Mesterharm, M. (2007). Incorporating sustainability into supply management in the automotive industry–the case of the Volkswagen AG. Journal of Cleaner Production [Accessed on 26 Oct, 2020]